Blueberries and Dates (BnD) Study
Join a study looking at the effects of fruit intake on health outcomes in older adults
Are you 70 years of age or older? Researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Hebrew SeniorLife are seeking participants for the BnD Study.
Join a study looking at the effects of fruit intake on health outcomes in older adults!
Age: 70 years or older
Duration: 12 weeks after full enrollment
Visits: 3 visits and 2 blood draws
Location: Center Communities of Brookline- 100 Centre St. Brookline, MA
Compensation: Up to $90.00
Investigators are interested to learn more about the effects of daily consumption of blueberries and dates on health outcomes in older adults like blood pressure, brain function, and physical function.
Study Participation Overview
The BnD Study involves:
- 3 study visits over a 13–14-week period at 100 Centre St. Brookline, MA (Hebrew SeniorLife’s Center Communities of Brookline)
- 2 fasting blood draws at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Health questionnaires
- Physical function and cognitive tests
- Physical measurements, like height, weight, and blood pressure
- 24-hour monitoring of heart activity and blood pressure
- Daily consumption of frozen blueberries or dried dates for 12 weeks (fruit will be provided)
- Compensation up to $90 for completing the study
- Reimbursement for travel to blood draw appointments or parking validation
How to Sign Up
If you’re interested in participating in the BnD Study, send us an email or call 617-863-2352.
View Marcus Institute researchers leading the Blueberries and Dates (BnD) Study.
Through pioneering multidisciplinary research, the Marcus Institute is uncovering new answers to the challenges of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, delirium, and other changes to the brain.Learn More