The Mood & MemStim Research Study
What is Mood & Mem Stim?
A research study to determine whether non-invasive brain stimulation done in your own home can improve memory and depression in older adults (55+) diagnosed with MCI or mild Alzheimer's Disease and Depression.
Who can participate?
You are an older adult (55+) diagnosed with MCI or mild Alzheimer's Disease and depression. You must have a caregiver/partner who can administer the non-invasive brain stimulation for you at home.
What will you do?
- Come to our lab 5 times for assessments across 5 months
- Health interviews, memory, cognitive, and mood testing
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- MRI recording of brain activation
- 20 minutes of home-based non-invasive brain stimulation
- (1 session per day, Mon-Fri) for 4 weeks
Parking is provided
How to Sign Up
If you’re interested in participating in the Mood & Mem Stim, send us an email or call 617-971-5416.
View Marcus Institute researchers leading the Mood & MemStim Research Study .
- Assistant Scientist
- Clinical Neuropsychologist, The Deanna & Sidney Wolk Center for Memory Health, Hebrew SeniorLife
- Instructor in Neurology, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Through pioneering multidisciplinary research, the Marcus Institute is uncovering new answers to the challenges of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, delirium, and other changes to the brain.Learn More